CONNECT WITH JUSTIN
Bar and Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice in PA and NJ
- Admitted in Eastern District of PA
- Admitted in Middle District of PA
- Admitted to District of New Jersey
- St. Joseph’s Preparatory School 1996
- Clemson University 2000 (BA)
- Widener University School of Law 2006 (JD)
Areas of Expertise
- Oil/Gas Litigation
- Regulated Cannabis
- Commercial Litigation and Business Services
- The Blunt Impact: Effects of Medical Marijuana on Employment Law and Workers' Compensation Claims, Philadelphia Bar Association (December 20, 2018).
- State of the Cannabis Union: Moving Out of Prohibition, Gratz College (December 12, 2018).
- No Reasonable Doubt About It: Medical Marijuana is Here to Stay, Philadelphia Bar Association (Spring 2018).
- Cannabis Banking…Is There Such a Thing?, Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (Spring 2018).
- Emerging Markets: Cannabis and Coverage Converge, Claims Litigation Management NYC Symposium (Winter 2017).
- Albright College Hemp Permit and Big Pharma LLC joint venture to bring hemp research to Pennsylvania (2019).
- 250 Cannabis Law Experts, Databird Research Journal (November, 2018).
- Frequently Quoted in Philadelphia Inquirer (Philly.com) on emerging cannabis and hemp markets.
- It’s High Time for Restaurants to Pay Attention to Marijuana, Nation’s Restaurant News (February 1, 2018).
Justin Moriconi appears in Court’s all over Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He represents parties in adversary proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Districts of Delaware and Pennsylvania, concentrates in oil and gas litigation, trust petitions, and lease disputes in the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania and New York, handles business and personal disputes small and large. He routinely defends insurance carriers in casualty liability litigation and parties in transactional matters. Most recently, Justin successfully tried and resolved an eight-year litigation against an insured with a multi-million dollar demand for nickels on the dollar.
Justin formed Moriconi Flowers Ltd. in 2016 with Ted Flowers, a shareholder at a former large firm where Justin began practicing in the medical cannabis industry. Moriconi Flowers was formed to deliver large-firm services with personal attention for discerning clients. Justin is a thought-leader in the medical cannabis space and Co-Chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association Medical Marijuana and Hemp Committee. Over the past five years, Justin has developed an expertise in medical and commercial cannabis that spans the nation.
Building on almost 20 years in litigation, Justin is committed to Pennsylvania’s next young breed of entrepreneurs. His current practice specializes in regulated cannabis organizations consulting, formation, permitting, investment, expansion, and related ancillary legal services. Moriconi Flowers has successful permittee applicants in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Maine, and on the Federal level. Justin continues to return results in the face of adversity and against large firms for clients in all aspects of business and litigation.